Monday, March 29, 2010

About Me:

My name is Nicole Dubois and have had a passion for photography ever since I owned my own camera at the age of 15. I'm not professional and do not have an official business. I hope to one day have my own photography business, though.

I love scenery, especially beaches. I live on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, so I have quite an assortment of beaches and scenery to chose from. I also love still art, as well as taking pictures of animals. I've taken personal pictures at weddings that the couple actually liked more then the photographer they hired.

I only use my digital camera, I do not have a special 35mm.
When I was in high school, however, I did take a photography class in which I needed to use a 35mm camera. I borrowed a camera for the class and was really excited to start. Thankfully for my good eye, I was able to win my teacher's heart and still pass the class. A major part of the class was to develop our own film...somehow I just couldn't figure it out. She loved my pictures and allowed me to get them developed. To this day, I plan to visit her and show her my work thus far!

Where did I come up with the name Laughing Fish? Well a friend and I used to draw words in the sand and take pictures. We had planned to make prints and sell them at Hallmark, where she worked, as well as at craft fairs. We wanted to come up with a cute name to call our artwork and came up with the name Laughing Fish...because every time I'd make my fishy face, and she'd try (she always had a hard time at it), we'd burst out laughing...hence LAUGHING FISH.
Unfortunately, our lives have semi-grown apart.. but I still want to bring our name in the future. We never got a chance to print and sell our products, but we did call our 2008 Relay for Life team Laughing Fish. Many people loved the name and loved the reason behind it. Thus, I will be living on with the name Laughing Fish Photography.

I like to edit my pictures & add quotes. I've seen other photography blogs...each quite unique. I'll try to add a picture or more at least a week. But as for everyone, life is crazy busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment